This Coconut Chickpea Spinach Stew is my variation from a “Plant-Based Chef” certification I received from Rouxbe Cooking school. If you are looking to better your cooking skills and knowledge I would highly recommend Rouxbe. It is a on-line Video Based course. Check the link out and let me know what you think.
This simple but yet filling stew that is packed with flavor and just a few ingredients.
- 2 tbsp. coconut or olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup white wine
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 15oz. can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 15 oz. can coconut milk
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 4 cups baby spinach
- salt & peper to taste
- ¼ cup cilantro
- Heat coconut or olive oil in a pot over medium-high heat. Add onions and saute till translucent, add garlic and saute for additional 30 seconds. Deglaze with white wine. Add chickpeas and coconut milk. Lower temp and simmer for 30 minutes till chickpeas all-dente.
- Add lemon zest and juice to stew.
- Add spinach till it wilts, do not over cook or the spinach will loose its color.
- Enjoy with some crusty bread.