Here is a easy version of Lechon Asado aka: Cuban Roast Pork. This version has only three ingredients, pork, mojo, and onions.
- 8-10 pounds whole pork butt or whole pork picnic
- 48 oz. Mojo marinate (available in the Latin section of your grocery store)
- olive oil
- 2 large onions, sliced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Rinse the pork and pat dry, salt & pepper well. Add the onions to a deep roasting pan, and place the pork (skin side up) over onions. Pour the mojo over the pork and onions. Cover and refrigerate over night.
- Pre-heat the oven to 300*F
- Roast the pork, “low and slow” for 4-5 hours. The pork will fall apart when done.
- Remove the pork from the roasting pan. Take off as much as possible of the fat cap. Let the pork cool to the touch and shred into large chucks.
- Strain the pan juices and transfer to a sauce pan. Place on stove and keep warm.
- Place the pork on a serving try and pour the strained juices over the pork.
Makes 8 servings Enjoy the most moist pork you will ever have. 😀