Granola is a favorite breakfast food and snack food in my house. Mine consist of rolled oats, nuts, seeds and honey. It is baked until crispy. I like adding dried fruit to mine to give it that salty, sweet taste . Go ahead and combine it with yogurt, strawberries, bananas, even cottage cheese for a great snack or just grab a handful on your way out the door. You can also serve as a topping for your favorite low fat frozen yogurt. This is THE BEST granola out there. Walnuts, pecans, coconut, sesame seeds and honey are just a few of the delectable ingredients that make this the most delicious and nutty granola, you won’t be disappointed! I make mine with all organic ingredients. I think that is the best way to go. Ingredients:
- 5 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups honey
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, stir together the oats, almonds, walnuts, pecans, sesame seeds, wheat germ, coconut and sunflower seeds.
- In a small pan over medium heat, stir together the coconut oil and honey. Cook and stir until blended, heating it for about 2 to 3 minutes. Pour over the oat mixture, and stir to coat evenly.
- Spread out the mixture in an even layer on two cookie sheets.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the oats and nuts are toasted. Immediately after it comes out of the oven, stir in the raisins and dried cranberries. Let stand until cooled, and stir again to break up any large clusters.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks, but I guarantee it won’t be around that long!